Translate

Thursday 4 April 2013

Test pilot


If I didn't work in MI I think I would like to be a test pilot. 

I saw a job advert for one today. 

I actually can't fly, which seems to be essential to this role. I have read all the Biggles novels though, and he makes it sound easy. He managed to fly Sopwith Camels, Spitfires and Jet fighters. I would hope that you don't have to have friends called "Algy" as I would definately fail on that score. 

Maybe it actually means test pilots, or a pilot tester. I could devise flying tests for rookie pilots such as; 


  1. three point turns at 33,000 feet (who cares about metres) 
  2. reversing at mach 0.85 (but only in a 747)
  3. pushing into takeoff queues, I mean why wait?
  4. how to beat landing stacks by pretending to run out of fuel
  5. practise the experienced pilot "one finger salute" to pilots in smaller planes


When it came to pay day I would refuse the pay, as being a pilot tester would mean that I would have a snazzy uniform.

That would be payment enough.

@FlashmanVCKCB

No comments:

Post a Comment